Beef & Vegetable Soup
- 1-1 1/2 lbs. Ground Beef
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 quarts Water
- 1 pint of your favorite Louisiana Lagniappe Foods Southern Salsa
- 4 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 - 12 oz. packages frozen vegetables
- 8 cubes Beef Bouillon, crumbled (can substitute 8 teaspoons of beef base and mix with the water)
- 2 oz. Tomato Sauce
- Salt to taste, if desired
1. In a large pot over medium heat, cook beef and onion until beef is brown, drain.
2. Return beef and onion to the pot over medium heat and add water, salsa, potatoes, mixed vegetables and bouillon.
3. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and add tomato sauce, cover and simmer 45 minutes.
Note: This recipe is easily doubled and freezes very well for quick, hearty meals to thaw and serve later.